PROBLEM: YOU WOULD LIKE TO BUY PROPERTIES BUT DON'T HAVE OPERATING EXPERTISE OR PERSONNEL, YET YOU STILL WANT TO CONTROL THE OPERATION AND BUDGET (Important!!).
SOLUTION: AEA can operate properties for you when you and AEA are buying a property together (and AEA is a minority investor), or under a partnership agreement where AEA is the General Partner. AEA only operates properties onshore, in the continental United States.
AEA has adopted a very modern approach to operations. Through its network of engineers and geologists across the U.S., AEA will be able to contract a highly experienced professional in most producing basins of the U.S. to work on the operated properties when needed. The advantages to this "method" are numerous:
- Low overhead at the management office.
- Engineers are billed as an operating cost.
- The engineer will be knowledgeable about the geographical area of the properties.
- The engineer will be knowledgeable about the support services in the area of the properties.
- The engineer will be knowledgeable about the area's technical advancements.
- Not trying to hire highly experienced engineers in a "tight" market.
- Not expecting a team of engineers to know everything about every area (they don't!).
The result? Best possible probability of success for the lowest possible cost!!
Other support services needed for operations are also contracted out to entities focused on that specific service: Accounting, Land, Legal, etc.
AEA also purchases properties for its own account, under the name of "Caleco, LLC". Caleco,LLC reviews such properties regularly.